- The Nectar mattress is made with premium-quality memory foam and a cooling cover to deliver a comfortable and supportive night of sleep.
- Choose from three high-quality memory foam mattresses in 12-, 13- or 14-inch depths, all designed for cooling comfort and pressure point relief.
- Sleep in cradled comfort, surrounded by 100% CertiPUR-US® Certified memory foam that evenly balances your frame for optimal support.
Overview of the Brand
The Nectar Sleep company was founded in 2016 by Craig Schmeizer, Eric Hutchinson, and Ran Reske. Within the first year of business, the company sold more than 50,000 beds and generated over $35 million in revenue. Nectar has won a variety of awards from Tuck, Mattress Advisor, Slumber Yard, and USA Today including “best value” and “best mattress of the year.”
According to the FAQ section, Nectar mattresses are the product of a diversified supply chain. Products are sourced and manufactured in places like China, Mexico, Malaysia, Vietnam, and the United States. The company assures customers that they follow the highest standards for safety and sanitation.
Nectar offers three memory foam mattresses in heights ranging from 12 to 14 inches, all of which hug your body while keeping you cool. With five layers including a quilted memory foam mattress cover, these mattresses minimize motion transfer and ensure non-stop airflow for comfort.
In addition to their memory foam mattresses, Nectar offers an assortment of other products. Shop add-ons like the Nectar pillow set, sheet set, or mattress protector. They also make their own foundations, adjustable bases, and headboards. Depending when you shop, you may even receive some of these extras included with your purchase.
Nectar offers an industry-leading 365-night sleep trial so you can try the mattress for a full year with no worries. All orders receive free shipping and mattresses are covered by a lifetime Forever Warranty.
Sleep Style Recommendations
When it comes to choosing a mattress, you have to consider your size, sleep style, and preferences. The three primary sleep styles are side sleeper, back sleeper, and stomach sleeper.
Regardless your sleeping style, it’s important to keep your spine in proper alignment while you sleep. If you sleep on your stomach or back, you’re more likely to experience back or neck pain if you don’t get proper support. Sleeping on your side puts extra pressure on the hips and shoulders, so pressure point relief becomes even more important.
Memory foam mattresses generally work well for a variety of sleeping styles, but your size may determine the best firmness level for your sleeping style. A mattress that is comfortable and supportive for a lightweight sleeper may not offer the same benefits for a heavier sleeper.
Here’s what you can expect from Nectar for the following sleeping styles:
- Side Sleepers – A combination of support and pressure relief is required for side sleepers to be comfortable. All three Nectar models offer these features, but the Nectar Premier Copper Memory Foam Mattress includes additional pressure relieving technology.
- Back Sleepers – Lumbar support is essential for proper spine alignment. All three Nectar models feature multi-later foam construction for optimal support.
- Stomach Sleepers – Balanced support is the key to comfort and alignment for stomach sleepers. Heavier stomach sleepers may prefer the 9-inch base layer on the Nectar Premier Copper Memory Foam over other models.
- Combination Sleepers – Thick layers of supportive base foam make it fairly easy to reposition on any Nectar mattress, so combination sleepers can choose based on their firmness preference.
- Couples – All three Nectar mattresses are versatile for different sleeping styles and deliver exceptional motion isolation, making them both a great choice for couples.
- Heavy Sleepers – Sleepers who are heavier than average generally feel most comfortable on a firmer mattress with a thicker base, so the Nectar Premier may be better than the original Nectar but still might not be firm enough.
- Lightweight Sleepers – All three Nectar mattresses models work well for lightweight sleepers, though they may prefer the thinner profile of the original Nectar in some cases.
Overall, all three Nectar mattresses work well for various sleeping styles, but they do have their strong points. The original Nectar, having a slightly lower profile, may be a better choice for back and stomach sleepers. The Nectar Premier models offer enhanced pressure relief which may be a benefit for side sleepers and those who prefer a softer feel.
When choosing among the three Nectar models, it is important to consider your preferences, but it may be better to make the decision based on your sleeping style.
Nectar Mattress Models
Some of the best online mattress companies only offer a single model in an effort to keep their prices down. Nectar offers three different models, all of which feature a base of super core support foam and a removable Tencel cooling cover. Here they are:
- Nectar Original Mattress
- Nectar Premier Memory Foam Mattress
- Nectar Premier Copper Memory Foam Mattress
The Nectar Original Mattress is a 24-inch mattress made up of 5 layers of foam. Built on a 7-inch base of stay-stable standard foam, this mattress also includes layers of temperature-responsive gel-infused memory foam. The mattress is protected by a removable cover to keep you cool while the quilted design cushions you in comfort. This mattress comes in all six standard US sizes.
The Nectar Premier Memory Foam Mattress is a 13-inch premium mattress made with 5 layers of memory foam. This mattress features a supportive layer of luxurious base foam topped with layers of high-density and gel-coated memory foams to provide superior pressure relief and temperature regulation.
The Nectar Premier Copper Memory Foam Mattress is a 14-inch mattress made with 5 layers of premium materials. In addition to a thicker 9-inch base layer of stay-stable foam, this mattress features layers of gel-infused memory foam and a quilted cooling cover infused with heat-conductive copper fibers and other cooling technology.
All three Nectar mattresses offer an ideal combination of comfort and support. To decide between the models, you’ll need to consider your firmness preferences and sleeping style.
Construction and Feel
Nectar mattresses comes in all six standard US sizes ranging from twin to California king. All three models are all-foam mattresses made with CertiPUR-US® Certified memory foams and cooling covers made from premium fiber materials.
The original Nectar mattress starts with a 7-inch base layer of high-density poly foam that stabilizes the layers above and reinforced support. Next comes a 2-inch support layer of dynamically adjusting memory foam topped with a 3-inch layer of gel to distribute weight and body heat. On top is quilted memory foam cover made from premium fibers woven with Tencel for cooling.
Here’s an overview of the original Nectar mattress’ construction:
- Quilted memory foam mattress cover
- Nectar Smart layer with ActiveCool HD
- Dynamic Support layer of memory foam,
- Stay-stable base layer of support foam
- Non-slip bottom mattress cover
All three Nectar models are rated at a 6.5 out of 10 on the firmness scale, or medium-firm. At this level of firmness, these mattresses provide the ideal level of comfort and support for a good night’s sleep.
Though all three Nectar mattress models are made using similar materials, the actual construction is a little different.
The Nectar Premier Memory Foam Mattress also starts with a 7-inch layer of supportive high-density poly foam for support. On top of that is a 3-inch layer of dynamically adjusting foam followed by a 3-inch layer of gel-infused foam with phase-change material. On top you’ll find a heat-wicking, breathable poly-blend cover.
Here’s an overview of the Nectar Premier Memory Foam Mattress’ construction:
- Premier poly-blend cooling cover
- Nectar Smart layer with ActiveCool HD
- Dynamic Support layer of memory foam
- Stay-Stable base layer of support foam
- Shift-resistant bottom cover
The Nectar Premier Copper Memory Foam Mattress starts with a thicker 9-inch layer of support form topped with an inch of dynamically adjusting foam for additional support. Next comes a 4-inch layer of pressure-relieving gel memory foam topped with a quilted cover infused with heat-conductive copper fibers and other heat-wicking technology to give it a cool-to-the-touch sensation.
Here’s an overview of the Nectar Copper Memory Foam Mattress’ construction:
- Quilted cool cover with copper and sleep fabric tech
- Nectar Smart layer with ActiveCool HD
- Dynamic Support layer of memory foam
- Stay-Stable base layer of support foam
- Shift-resistant bottom cover
The combination of high-quality materials is what makes Nectar so comfortable. Each layer of memory foam serves a specific purpose, providing support, pressure relief, or cooling comfort. These benefits make it among the best mattresses for back pain, though it works well for all sleeping styles. With two models to choose from, you can find one that suits your firmness preferences.
Durability, Support, and Pressure Relief
When purchasing a new mattress, you want to know that it will last. You spend roughly one-third of your life sleeping, so you need something that will stand up with a lot of use. Generally speaking, memory foam mattresses tend to last 7 to 8 years, though the firmness and construction will affect the durability of any given model.
Nectar mattresses are made with high-quality memory foams. All three Nectar mattresses are medium-firm but durability depends to some degree on your bodyweight and sleeping style. Heavy sleepers are more likely to see body impressions develop over time. It’s difficult to determine the long-term durability of these mattresses, however, because the company has only been around since 2016.
When it comes to support, all three Nectar mattresses perform well. The bottom two layers on all models are firmer than the top layers – these form the support system that balances your weight and aligns your spine. Heavy sleepers may struggle to find the support they need in memory foam mattresses like Nectar, but the average sleeper should find it very supportive.
Where the Nectar mattress really excels is in pressure point relief – this is what makes it a top pick as the best mattress for side sleepers.
The key to pressure relief is body conforming – the mattress should sink under pressure points, conforming to the contours of the body to “cradle” it. At a medium level of firmness, all three Nectar models offer pressure relief for most sleeping styles. It’s worth noting that this mattress tends to sink a fair degree, so it gives the feeling of sleeping “in” the bed rather than “on” the bed. This could be a benefit if that’s something you’re looking for.
Nectar mattresses are made with premium-quality materials and designed for cooling comfort and support. You can’t go wrong with any of the three models but it’s important to consider all of the different aspects of what makes for a comfortable night’s sleep. Not only do you need to think about pressure point relief but consider other factors like edge support and temperature regulation as well.
Before making your decision on whether this is the right mattress for you, consider the following additional features:
- Motion Isolation – All Nectar mattresses perform well in the area of motion isolation. This quality is important for couples, especially if one of you is sensitive to movement. Motion isolation simply means you’re less likely to feel movement – slower response foams are key here.
- Edge Support – Memory foam mattresses tend not to perform as well in this category as traditional spring mattresses. Lying on the edge will compress the foam and may give you the feeling that you’re going to roll off the edge. That being said, Nectar offers decent edge support for a memory foam mattress. The Nectar Premier Copper Memory Foam Mattress may be a little bit stronger in this category simply because it is two inches thicker than the original.
- Temperature Regulation – When it comes to keeping you cool at night, it’s all in the materials. Memory foam tends to trap heat a little more than spring mattresses and high-density foam sleeps warmer than low- and medium-density foams. All three Nectar models have a foundation of high-density poly foam which may trap some heat during the night. To make up for it, however, Nectar mattresses incorporate gel memory foam and a cooling cover. The Nectar mattress incorporates breathable materials like breathable poly-blend fabric in the cover. An additional feature is the incorporation of ActiveCool HD in the center of the gel memory foam layer for extra temperature regulation.
- Eco-Friendly Materials – All Nectar mattresses are made with eco-friendly materials that are CertiPUR-US® Certified free from ozone depleters, formaldehyde, and heavy metals. Though Nectar mattresses are manufactured outside the US, their materials are independently certified by CertiPUR-US®, a third-party global rating standard.
- Certifications – The Nectar mattress is made with 100% CertiPUR-US® Certified memory foam tested to have low levels of harmful chemicals and heavy metals. The luxury cover is Oeko-Tex® Standard 100 Certified.
- White Glove Service – Online mattress companies typically compress their mattresses and ship them in boxes for their customers to set up themselves. Nectar goes one step further by offering White Glove Service for setup after delivery. For an added fee, they will ship the mattress to a local White Glove Service provider who will deliver and set up your new mattress in addition to taking the old one away. The fee is $149 for the mattress with an extra $45 charge for each additional item set up.
Sizing and Pricing Information
Mattresses are expensive, but one of the benefits of buying online is that you can save a lot of money. Online mattress companies are able to reduce their own prices and yours by cutting out the middleman. They deliver directly to the customer. As a mattress in a box company, Nectar is more affordable than many brands you’d find in a mattress store but, overall, offers excellent value.
All three Nectar Mattresses are available in all six standard US sizes ranging from twin to California king. The original Nectar starts at a retail price of $798 and ranges up to $1,598 while the Nectar Premier Memory Foam starts at $1,297 and goes up to $2,097. The Nectar Premier Copper Memory Foam starts at $1,697 and goes up to $2,497. Nectar frequently offers promotions, so you may receive up to $200 off or up to $400 in free accessories like bedding and pillows.
|Original Nectar Mattress
|39” x 75” x 12”
|39” x 80” x 12”
|54” x 75” x 12”
|60” x 80” x 12”
|76” x 80” x 12”
|72” x 84” x 12”
The original Nectar mattress is 12 inches deep and weighs 40 pounds for the twin size up to 83 pounds for the California king size. The Nectar Premier Memory Foam is 13 inches deep, but the weight is a little higher ranging from 58 pounds for a twin up to 121 pounds for a California king. The Nectar Premier Copper Memory Foam is 14 inches deep and weighs between 49 and 102 pounds.
All mattresses are compressed and rolled for shipping – you simply need to move the mattress where you want it then remove it from the box and packaging. It will regain its shape within a few hours.
|Nectar Premier Memory Foam Mattress
|39” x 75” x 13”
|39” x 80” x 13”
|54” x 75” x 13”
|60” x 80” x 13”
|76” x 80” x 13”
|72” x 84” x 13”
|Nectar Premier Copper Memory Foam Mattress
|39” x 75” x 14”
|39” x 80” x 14”
|54” x 75” x 14”
|60” x 80” x 14”
|76” x 80” x 14”
|72” x 84” x 14”
Shipping for Nectar mattresses is always free within the contiguous United States. Orders shipped to Alaska and Hawaii may be subject to an additional $150 fee. You can expect to receive your mattress within 1 to 5 business days of your order. When ordering, you have the option to add White Glove Service for an additional $149. Upon delivery, someone will come set up your new mattress and remove the old one. Additional items cost $45 each for setup.
Nectar accepts American Express, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover. You can enter your payment information directly on the order page – they do not currently accept pre-paid credit cards or Paypal. If you’re looking for financing, Nectar uses Affirm. If you select this option, you can break up your purchase into 12, 18, or 24 months at 0% APR. Split it is another option to split your payment.
Trials, Shipping, and Warranty
While many online mattress companies only offer 100 nights to try out your new mattress, Nectar gives you a full year – 365 days. This is important because you can’t try the mattress in a store before you buy. This generous trial period enables you to test the mattress in all types of weather to make sure it will be comfortable for you all year-round.
If you decide the Nectar mattress isn’t right for you, you can return it for a full refund. Simply contact Customer Care and they’ll help you donate or discard the mattress locally – they won’t actually ask you to send it back. Upon confirmation of donation, you’ll receive your refund in full minus additional fees for shipping and White Glove Service. Promotional items are not eligible for return.
Unopened mattresses are eligible for return and refund immediately after delivery but will not be accepted after 90 days – mattresses not opened within this period are considered misused. Nectar encourages customers to try the mattress for a full 30 days, so opened mattresses are not eligible for returns before then. Products shipped outside the contiguous United States are not eligible for return.
In addition to a generous 365-night trial period with free shipping and returns, Nectar also offers the lifetime Forever Warranty. For the first 10 years, Nectar will replace your mattress for free if you notice flaws in workmanship or materials. After that, the mattress will be repaired and recovered.
Here’s what Nectar says about their lifetime warranty:
“The best warranty in the business. Period. No small type or confusing legal speak. If you purchased a Nectar and it breaks from normal use at any point, we will replace it at no additional charge. Doesn’t matter if it’s 100 days, 100 months, or 100 years from now. We’ve designed Nectar to outlast long term use, just like quality products should.”
Nectar is confident that you’ll love your new mattress but, if you don’t, you’re completely covered for a full year with the 365-night trial. If you decide to keep it, you’ll enjoy a lifetime warranty as well.
Summary: Pros and Cons
Online mattresses have become extremely popular, so you have many options to choose from. Before settling on a Nectar mattress, take the time to consider the good and bad for each. No mattress will be perfect for everyone, so you have to decide what’s important to you.
Here’s a quick summary for the pros and cons of the Nectar mattress:
Pros for the Nectar Mattress:
- Excellent pressure relief perfect for side sleepers
- High-quality construction for an affordable price
- Free shipping and returns with 365-night sleep trial
- Superior motion isolation, great choice for couples
Cons for the Nectar Mattress:
- May not be the best mattress for stomach sleepers
- Heavy sleepers may not find any model firm enough
- Slow response foam may make it tricky to change positions
Take what you’ve learned here about the Nectar mattress and consider your options. If it seems like the perfect fit, there’s little risk in giving it a try – you’re covered by a generous 365-night trial with free shipping and returns. If you’re not sure yet, there are plenty of other options to think about.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the mattress made from? – All three Nectar mattresses are made from special-grade, performance layers with a uniquely milled cooling cover. Each mattress incorporates CertiPUR-US® Certified memory foam, thoughtfully assembled to deliver the ideal combination of firm support and cradling comfort.
- Does the mattress require a foundation? – Yes, Nectar recommends using the mattress with some kind of supportive foundation. These mattresses work well with metal frames, adjustable frames, platforms, and slat beds. If you’re using a metal frame, just be sure to use a box spring under it for support.
- Can the mattress be used with an adjustable bed frame? – Yes, the Nectar mattress is a perfect choice for adjustable bed frames. In fact, Nectar offers their own adjustable bed frame with prices ranging from $849 to $1,698 for sizes twin XL to split king.
- Does the mattress need to be flipped? – As an all-foam mattress, it wouldn’t be difficult to flip the Nectar mattress, but you’ll change the experience if you do. These mattresses are designed from the top town, so you won’t experience the same level of comfort and support if you sleep on it upside down. For even wear, however, you can rotate the mattress 180-degrees once a month or so.
- Can I try the mattress before buying? – Unfortunately, Nectar mattresses are only available online. The good news is you can purchase one risk-free because you’ll be covered by a 365-night trial period. If you decide Nectar isn’t right for you after the first 30 days, you can return it for a full refund of the purchase price.